Tuesday, October 30, 2007

73 Days to Go!

Two more days have passed by since I started this blog. Yippee, only 73 more to go. As I mentioned before, I am going to use this blog to talk about some of the things that I love about SAAB. When I was in the market for a new car about two years ago, one of the first things I checked was the Manufacturer Ratings on Gaywheels. Why does that matter? Well, it's pretty simple - some car manufacturers have employment anti-discrimination policies and some don't. I'm not going to give my money to a company that does not treat its employees fairly. GM rates very highly (good news for SAAB). So do Volvo and Mercedes. However, BMW sucks in the ratings because BMW has discriminatory policies for its manufacturing plants in the U.S. To check on whether a particular make is good or bad, see the Gaywheels rankings.

Also, SAAB is an especially gay-friendly company and provided the wheels for the Gaywheels Team G.L.A.M. entry in the recent Fireball Run (a charitable transcontinental rally race that benefits missing children). The Gaywheels team was the first openly gay entrant in the event's history.

By the way, according to Gaywheels, the SAAB 9-3 is popular with the gay community. Notably, the 9-3 is the second-most researched vehicle on the site.

No comments: